13 Principles of Faith
13 pRINCIPLES OF faith
Reciting 13 Principles of Faith (segula for Parnassa) for 40 days
1. I believe in the existence of the Creator, who is perfect in every manner of existence and is the Primary Cause of all that exists.
2. I believe in G‑d's absolute and unparalleled unity.
3. I believe in G‑d's non-corporeality, nor that He will be affected by any physical occurrences, such as movement, or rest, or dwelling.
4. I believe in G‑d's eternity.
5. I believe the imperative to worship G‑d exclusively and no foreign false gods.
6. I believe that G‑d communicates with man through prophecy.
7. I believe in the primacy of the prophecy of Moses our teacher.
8. I believe in the divine origin of the Torah.
9. I believe in the immutability of the Torah.
10. I believe in G‑d's omniscience and providence.
11. I believe in divine reward and retribution.
12. I believe in the arrival of the Messiah and the messianic era.
13. I believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Text of the Hashkiveinu prayer (from Mishkan T’filah)
Grant, O G-d, that we lie down in peace, and raise us up, our Guardian, to life renewed. Spread over us the shelter of Your peace. Guide us with Your good counsel; for Your Name’s sake, be our help. Shield and shelter us beneath the shadow of Your wings. Defend us against enemies, illness, war, famine and sorrow. Distance us from wrongdoing. For You, G-d, watch over us and deliver us. For You, G-d, are gracious and merciful. Guard our going and coming, to life and to peace evermore.